Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sioux Falls, South Dakota? Contact your local utility company.
Sioux Falls Power Outages Caused by Weather
A power outage map shows 1,999 customers have power outages in the state as of 7 a.m. Faulk County had a reported 874 customers impacted.
South Dakota candidates rally base ahead of Election Day - PANHANDLE - NEWS CHANNEL NEBRASKA Rectangle
South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem is planning a reelection rally featuring a video message from former President Donald Trump in a final push to turn out voters in the heavily-Republican western part of t
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
SPEARFISH – A three-acre fire, which broke out along Highway 85 Tuesday, was likely caused by prolonged smoldering of a power pole that had been struck by lightning during the
Boy, 8, hospitalized after touching downed power line Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The incident happened as several children walked through a blocked-off area with damaged power lines outside their elementary school.
SNAP, EBT outages reported across the country Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An outage affecting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program was reported across the country Sunday, according to Down Detector.
SD State returned millions to residents, see if you have unclaimed money Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
More South Dakotans are taking advantage of the state’s unclaimed property website.
Damage to an East River Electric transformer that supplies power to the Keystone Pipeline is under investigation by the FBI, county and East River officials said.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
|State||South Dakota (SD)|
|Zip Codes||57101, 57103, 57104, 57105, 57106, 57107, 57108, 57109, 57110, 57117|