Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Somerset, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
New poles, wires and equipment to benefit 50,000 customers MORRISTOWN, N.J., Nov. 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light , a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. , has started... | November 23, 2022
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
10 Years Since Sandy: Warren Emerges Better Prepared For Any Emergency - Warren, NJ - After Superstorm Sandy wiped out power for 16 days, Warren Township worked to become better prepared for future storms to come.
Generator Safety Reminder For Somerset County Residents - Hillsborough, NJ - Following the manufacturer's guidelines and safety precautions when using temporary portable power sources is an important reminder.
A substation that tripped in Neptune is to blame, according to a utility spokesman.
Fallen Tree On Wires Closes Hillsborough Roadway - Hillsborough, NJ - PSE&G is also reporting a power outage as well.
ENGLEWOOD – With a workforce of more than 21,000 men and women from 30 states, crews from Florida Power & Light and its contracted companies are working around the clock
“Fossil fuels are not healthy for children and other living things," read one sign at the New Brunswick rally.
Traffic Lights Out On Route 206, Route 601 In Montgomery - Hillsborough, NJ - More than 1,100 residents remain without power following the thunderstorm overnight into Tuesday in Somerset County.
Latest power outage numbers reported by New Jersey's utility companies on Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2022.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Somerset, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Somerset, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Zip Codes||08873, 08875|