Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in South Bay, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
KnowBe4's Team of Cybersecurity Experts Release Top Five Predictions for 2023 | Business | valdostadailytimes.com
Predicted trends include a focus on creating a security culture, a new social engineering battleground via social media scams, catastrophic attacks on critical infrastructure, deepfakes damaging reputations as well as
Patrick Julney is one of many longtime US residents who found himself detained under hellish conditions in a country in which he’d never been formally charged with a crime.
Thursday updates: Tropical Storm Nicole soaks Tampa Bay on way to north Florida Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Nicole made landfall just south of Vero Beach as a Category 1 hurricane Thursday morning and has since weakened to a tropical storm.
Live updates tracking effects of Hurricane Nicole in the Sarasota and Manatee area.
After Ian, Florida waterways could remain polluted for months - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Many of the Florida’s toughest post-hurricane challenges are linked to failed sewage systems, which unload harmful bacteria and viruses.
Hurricane Ian’s invisible toll: At least 41 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning confirmed Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
In just two weeks, the incidents have accounted for nearly a quarter of Florida’s carbon monoxide cases this year.
Flooding, outages plague central Florida senior facilities after Ian Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
Under a 2018 Florida law, nursing homes and assisted living facilities are required to have an emergency plan and a backup power source.
Information we receive about power and utility restoration, food and other important recovery efforts will be posted here.
Problems remain in Lee, Sarasota, Charlotte and DeSoto counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from South Bay, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.