Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in South Mills, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
South Mills Power Outages Caused by Weather
Power has been restored for a majority of Cumberland County customers in the wake of Hurricane Ian. The storm downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Weather Update: Hurricane Ian Now Directly Impacting North Carolina Weather Update: Hurricane Ian Now Directly Impacting North Carolina Facebook Twitter Instagram
Hurricane Ian lingers off the coast of South Carolina, but rain and wind is already a problem in Fayetteville and in North Carolina.
Hurricane Ian updates from Duval, St Johns, Clay and Nassau counties. Includes latest closings, evacuations, warnings and forecasts.
A map showing the storm’s path as it continues inland after making landfall in South Carolina.
The Cumberland County region was blanketed in snow.
Snow and ice accumulates during winter storm in the Carolinas, leading to dangerous roads, power outages Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A winter storm swept through North Carolina and South Carolina Sunday, bringing snow and ice that led to some dangerous conditions on roads, flight cancelations and power outages.
First Warn forecaster Larry Sprinkle is tracking the threat of possible snow showers in the Charlotte region after a winter storm dumped sleet & ice on Sunday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from South Mills, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
South Mills, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|