Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in South Sutton, New Hampshire? Contact your local utility company.
As nor'easter drenches the East Coast, thousands have lost power and high winds threaten more outages | CNN Close icon
Thousands in New England are waking up in the dark Wednesday and strong winds are expected to continue a day after a nor'easter's heavy rains flooded some areas in the Northeast.
View the latest outage maps anytime.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
South Sutton, New Hampshire
|State||New Hampshire (NH)|