Did you lose power?
See how your town voted on Election Day in Connecticut and get the latest updates as votes continue to be counted.
A power outage is affecting the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford. The school said a wire is down on Asylum Avenue and Eversource now estimates power...
Norwich Public Utilities is working to investigate a major power outage in the city on Friday.
Power outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating after a storm brought lightning and strong winds blew tree limbs down.
What’s being described as an “unspecified issue” at a Newington substation caused hundreds of power outages in town Friday night. Eversource officials...
Westfarms mall is temporarily closed on Thursday due to a power outage.
A majority of the 1,300 outages reported by Eversource were in Glastonbury, Southington...
A quick-moving storm quickly changed the weather from a foggy morning to a snowy...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Southington, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.