Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Southport, Connecticut? Contact your local utility company.
An unusual power outage on Saturday afternoon resulted in many downtown businesses closing early as searing temperatures neared triple digits.
Significant Power Outage At UConn Campus Forces Canceled Classes For Second Time This Week | Fairfield Daily Voice
For the second time this week, the University of Connecticut was forced to cancel classes due to a “significant” power outage impacting its campus.On Thursday, March 24, UConn announced the outage on the Storrs campus, which prompted a can…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Southport, Connecticut
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.