Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Southside, West Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
Power outage impacts over 500 customers in Chesterfield County | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
A power outage is impacting over 500 customers in the Harpers Mill area of Chesterfield County on Saturday morning.
The City of Danville has given an Ian situation report. They say the National Weather Service is saying Ian has continued to weaken, with the heaviest rain and strongest wind moving north. However, clouds and light rain may persist.
More than 10,000 residents lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation, according to Dominion Energy. Although power was restored, the squirrel is not believed to have survived after getting into a substation and causing the outage.
Crews from Appalachian Power have restored power to the area impacted Friday morning. Two Roanoke County Public Schools were closed on Friday because of the power outage.
Number of power outages near Pony Pasture reduced to 10 | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
According to Dominion Energy, the outage is concentrated in the Willow Oaks and Westlake Hills neighborhoods, just south of Pony Pasture. An estimated 1849 households in the area are currently without power.
More than 1,800 homes, businesses without power in Henrico’s East End during Wednesday storms | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
Over 1,800 homes and businesses are without power in Henrico's East End Wednesday afternoon.
Andrew Testa, Corporate Communications with Verizon, has provided WFXR News' sister station, WOWK, with a statement regarding service outages in the region.
Appalachian Power crews are working to restore service to more than 24,000 customers in Virginia and West Virginia after severe thunderstorms -- featuring high winds and heavy rain -- rolled across the region Wednesday night.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.