Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Spotswood, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Spotswood Power Outages Caused by Weather
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
HELMETTA, NJ - Borough residents may need to pull out the flashlights as the power outage impacting the area because of the remnants of Tropical Storm Isaias. Multiple downed trees and power lines...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Spotswood, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Spotswood, New Jersey
|New Jersey (NJ)