Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Springfield, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
OpenSSL patched. US Government network misconfiguration. Cyberespionage, and aid in a hybrid war. Search the site Search the site Search the site Search the site
OpenSSL patched today. Misconfiguration risk to US government networks' security and compliance. Hacking Ms Truss's phone. Assistance for Ukraine's cyber defense. DNS threats.
POWER OUTAGE: Emergency crews, CU, responding after car wrecks into utility pole in Springfield Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
17 people are currently without power in west Springfield after a car hit a utility pole.
Several Greene, Lawrence County cities to lose power for 7 hours Thursday Open Navigation Close Navigation
Some cities and towns in Greene County and Lawrence County are scheduled to lose power for seven hours Thursday, Oct. 22.
Power outage impacted the city of Lebanon, Mo. Saturday morning Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Electric officials say wildlife has caused a power outage in the city of Lebanon.
Southwestern Electric Addresses Power Supply & Demand At 84th Annual Meeting of Members | Effingham Radio
Greenville, IL-(Effingham Radio)- Power supply and demand served as the keynote topic during Southwestern Elec...
California avoids outages after day of grid-straining heat Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The California Independent System Operator on Wednesday thanked residents and businesses for heeding another “flex alert,” a request to reduce electricity consumption during peak evening hours.
Boy, 8, hospitalized after touching downed power line Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The incident happened as several children walked through a blocked-off area with damaged power lines outside their elementary school.
Springfield received 5.03 inches of rainfall Monday afternoon, resulting in flash flooding throughout the city.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Springfield, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.