Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Stockbridge, Georgia? Contact your local utility company.
The National Weather Service says Georgia can expect heavy flooding. It's also possible that high winds may knock out power to widespread areas across the state. Now is the time to make a plan and to check your emergency supplies in case of power outages and storm damage here in Clayton County and metro Atlanta. Please share this information with family, friends, and neighbors.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Stockbridge, Georgia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.