Did you lose power?
Eight drivers were arrested for a variety of infractions including driving on a suspended license and drug charges.
Heavy storm topples trees, disrupts power in northern Lakes Region | Local News | laconiadailysun.com
Severe weather hit the area for the second week in a row, toppling trees, and knocking out electric power to thousands of homes and businesses.
Paul Howard sustained minor injuries in a fight late Tuesday afternoon at a house in Madbury.
Hampton Beach showed a foot of roadway flooding and high splashover. Other seaside areas will likely experience flooding before the afternoon.
View the latest outage maps anytime.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Strafford, New Hampshire
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Strafford, New Hampshire
|New Hampshire (NH)