Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sullivan, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
My Grandma Morgan strongly believed that the Woolly worm was the most accurate predictor of winter weather. If that's true, here is what they are saying about winter 2022-23.
Utility industry news and analysis for energy professionals.
Nearly 12,000 Lake Area Residents Lost Power Overnight: Here's What Ameren Is Saying | Lake of the Ozarks News | lakeexpo.com
LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. — At approximately 4:30 a.m. on Friday, July 29, the power went out for nearly 12,000 residents in the Lake area.
Eastman released a "purple plume" of methyl iodide and iodine into the air and oil into the river on Friday amid the power outage and shutdown at the plant.
Storms result in power outages across the region | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — Thousands of people were still without power as of 11 p.m. after severe thunderstorms rolled through the region. According to BrightRidge, just over 1,400 (down from more than 3,000) of its customers were without electricity. Around 1,000 Appalachian Power customers in Sullivan County were without power. The utility also reported […]
Thousands of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee residents were without electricity Saturday morning, according to Appalachian Power's outage map.
In a new assessment, the North American Electric Reliability Corp. described regions of the country pushed closer to energy emergencies because of climate
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sullivan, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.