Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sun City West, Arizona? Contact your local utility company.
As Arizonans head to the polls on Election Day, officials are hoping for the best, preparing for the worst and attempting to reassure nervous voters.
Hurricane Ian: Florida death toll soars to 76 after Ian demolished entire communities | CNN Close icon
Newly homeless Floridians are struggling to restart their lives while rescuers scramble to find any remaining signs of life among the wreckage of Hurricane Ian.
This 100% solar community endured Hurricane Ian with no loss of power and minimal damage | CNN Close icon
Climate resiliency was built into the fabric of Babcock Ranch with stronger storms in mind, and Hurricane Ian was a major test.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Extreme heat is testing the way energy is generated, delivered and traded — and raising the prospect of perpetual emergencies.
Hurricane Fiona causing 'catastrophic' flooding in Puerto Rico as the territory remains without power | CNN Close icon
Power has gone out across all of the US territory of Puerto Rico on Sunday, according to PowerOutage.us, as Hurricane Fiona bears down on the islands, which are already grappling with the threat of flooding and mudslides stemming from the Category 1 storm.
Buckeye P & Z approves industrial, residential developments | The Daily Independent at YourValley.net
Storms brought down trees and power lines around metro Phoenix, leaving tens of thousands without electricity Sunday night.
The Texas capital’s main airport was without power for roughly three hours Wednesday morning
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sun City West, Arizona
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Sun City West, Arizona
|City||Sun City West|
|Zip Codes||85375, 85376|