Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Surprise, Arizona? Contact your local utility company.
Surprise Power Outages Caused by Weather
Maricopa County officials, sheriff refute false election claims, insist on keeping demonstrations peaceful
A small group of protestors stood outside the Maricopa County Elections Department the weekend following Election Day. Maricopa County officials are refuting false election claims and insisting all demonstrations remain peaceful.
Democrat Katie Hobbs was leading the Arizona governor's race by about 35,000 votes as of Sunday morning.
Edmonton Oilers at Washington Capitals odds, picks and predictions
Power poles knocked down in San Tan Valley after intense overnight storms Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
At its peak, about 5,000 homes had no power Saturday night.
Electricity outages in Pa. could become more common due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
A new report from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission reveals a surprising thing. There were a record number of "reportable power outage events" during 20-21.
Many without power, parts of I-17 reopen after dust storm slams Phoenix area Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Strong winds and extreme weather knocked out power for many in the Valley.
Hurricane Ian will move into the Tampa Bay area on Wednesday, bringing damaging winds with it.
16-year-old killed in rollover UTV crash, another teen runs from crash to get help, Surprise authorities say
A 16-year-old boy was killed in a rollover UTV crash and another teen involved ran from the crash to get help, Surprise authorities say on Sept. 19.
Blackouts have become more frequent amid increasingly extreme weather in recent years.
Power outages in the US in the past 10 years increased by 64% compared to the previous decade.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Surprise, Arizona
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||85374, 85378, 85379, 85387, 85388|