Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sutherland, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Sutherland Power Outages Caused by Weather
South Carolina energy companies are preparing for outages during storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
South Carolina energy providers are preparing for potential outages during Ian.
Isle of Palms, surrounding areas, reporting power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An outrage has left 2,542 customers without power on Isle of Palms and the surrounding area Friday night.
Power outage reports are coming in in the Siouxland area.
Power outages reported across the Lowcountry Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Hundreds of power outages have been reported in the Lowcountry as a winter storm moves out of the area.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sutherland, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.