Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sutherlin, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Utility pole hit in Martinsville, resulting in power outage | WFXRtv Open Navigation Close Navigation
MARTINSVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The City of Martinsville announced late Monday morning that the Southside area is without power because of a utility pole that was hit. According to the city, part of Fayette Street, part of West Church Street, Bridge Street, Armstead Avenue, Sutherlin Street, Market Street, Moss Street, and Broad Street are within […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sutherlin, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.