Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Republican J.D. Vance bests Tim Ryan in Ohio Senate race. Democrat Josh Shapiro defeats Trump-backed Doug Mastriano in PA gubernatorial contest.
Nether Providence Twp., Delaware County residents fighting to preserve historic trees from PECO project - 6abc Philadelphia
Residents in Nether Providence Township, Delaware County are fighting for the trees that define neighborhoods like Swarthmore and Wallingford.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.