Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sweet Briar, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(866) 366-4357 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 956-4237 Report Online
Central Virginia Electric Cooperative
Report an Outage(800) 367-2832 Report Online
Amherst County, Lynchburg area recovering from storm, power outages
Amherst County was hard hit with damage from storms the afternoon of June 17 that left thousands without power, according to the county’s chief public safety official and Appalachian Power
Jun 20, 2022
EMA: Tornado carved 2 paths totaling 11 miles in Elmore County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Tuesday’s severe weather caused damage in multiple areas of central and south Alabama.
Apr 5, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Virginia cities.
Sweet Briar, Virginia