Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Swisher, Iowa? Contact your local utility company.
No news found.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Swisher, Iowa
Coralville, IA (11:31 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Power Outag… https://t.co/Jhc5Bk9h51
RT @benryan33: Hey @VICE. Iowa has a story that needs more attention. Hundreds of thousands are without power and there's no coordinated re…
[email protected] @MaximumCortez @GameOverGreggy @Nick_Scarpino @TimGettys Follow-up to the most recent KF Podcast e… https://t.co/vF5DYuE0TW
Hey @VICE. Iowa has a story that needs more attention. Hundreds of thousands are without power and there's no coord… https://t.co/nltSThpIF6
Food Safety for Power Outages | Food Safety | CDC https://t.co/2F8UijdsWI via @CDCgov
When you can't fall sleep and there's a power outage across multiple cities, you grab your camera, because there's… https://t.co/a4eg8GI46B
The Crosspark Hyvee and gas station are open (as is Burger King and Dunn Bros). However, the grocery store is out o… https://t.co/XQbxQyueqL
We apologize for the late notice. Due to power outage from the storms we will NOT be having 5pm or 6 pm sessions… https://t.co/f9QvzZ8QpC
@LibertyCzarina We had a power outage in Iowa last week.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Iowa cities.