Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Sylmar, California? Contact your local utility company.
The storm could cause flooding in Southern California on Sunday and early into next week, according to the National Weather Service.
Yesterday the National Weather Service's Los Angeles office reported record high temperatures across the Southland
Alleged gang member Omar Alexander Cardenas, accused of killing a man in a Sylmar barbershop in 2019 has been added to the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list. The FBI announced that the agency is offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
Strong Santa Ana winds hit SoCal: Downed trees, power outages reported | KTLA Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Santa Ana winds are again blasting Southern California, leaving downed trees and power outages in their wake. The powerful winds, which have come and gone all week, are expected to continue through Friday afternoon and possibly into Saturday, according to the National Weather Service. Wind advisories are in place until 4 p.m. Friday for parts […]
The fire danger spread to Southern California on Thursday as raging winds moved down the state.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Sylmar, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||91342, 91392|