Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Syria, Virginia? Contact your local utility company.
Indonesia has signed deals with international lenders and major nations under which it is to receive billions of dollars in funding to help the country increase its use of renewable
In an interview with Variety, actor Dominic West talked about the many ways that Season 5 of “The Crown” has stirred up controversy, including with his portrayal of King Charles
Defense & National Security — VA to tackle benefits claims from burn pit victims | The Hill Open Navigation Close Navigation Search Facebook Twitter Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Facebook Twitter Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Whatsapp Email Visit our Facebook page Visit our Twitter profile Visit our LinkedIn profile
The Department of Veterans Affairs will give priority to veterans with cancer when it begins processing benefits claims under the landmark toxic exposure law signed this summer. We’ll share the details of that effort and what this means for veterans seeking such benefits, plus another American was killed while fighting in Ukraine, and Kyiv prepares for…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Syria, Virginia
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.