Did you lose power?
Taos Power Outages Caused by Weather
The final predictions are in.
PNM's website appears to be currently down, and there is no way to view the outage map. However, their Twitter said the following areas are included in the outage: La Orilla Northwest (North), Duerksen Road Northwest (South), Winterhaven Road Northwest (East), and Unser Boulevard (West).
After outage, residents at Railyard Flats may be asked to fully vacate apartments | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
The cause of what was determined to be a severe electrical problem remains unidentified, and residents are living in limbo.
New Mexico’s electric co-ops are facing wildfire challenges, and crews can’t fully assess damage and begin repairs until some fires are contained.
Ruidoso Schools have evacuated all students from Sierra Vista, White Mountain, Ruidoso Middle School and Ruidoso High School to the Ruidoso Convention Center.
A large solar storm could knock out the power grid and the internet – an electrical engineer explains how | KRQE News 13 Open Navigation Close Navigation
(THE CONVERSATION) On Sept. 1 and 2, 1859, telegraph systems around the world failed catastrophically. The operators of the telegraphs reported receiving electrical shocks, telegraph paper catching fire, and being able to operate equipment with batteries disconnected. During the evenings, the aurora borealis, more commonly known as the northern lights, could be seen as far south […] | Local News from KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Much of New Mexico will be dealing with difficult weather, including strong winds and snowstorms, triggering a weather alert day.
The state Public Regulation Commission rang alarms Wednesday over the potential for electricity shortages this summer.
Winter storm brings ice, snow, power outages and flight cancellations - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Storm, which unloaded heavy snow and ice from New Mexico to Maine, snarled traffic and cancelled thousands of flights.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Taos, New Mexico
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Taos, New Mexico
|State||New Mexico (NM)|