Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tavares, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Each NHL team’s biggest concern a month into the 2022-23 season, from ‘everything’ to ‘too good to tank’ - The Athletic
A month in, the 2022-23 NHL season is no longer fresh and fun for many franchises and their fan bases. Concerns are mounting.
Nearly 35,000 homes lost power during Hurricane Ian in Lake County.
There was a large police presence at a Tavares apartment complex just after 10 p.m. on Friday, in response to a call about a shooting.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tavares, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.