Did you lose power?
Taylor Swift fans attempting to get tickets to the singer's Eras Tour were met with errors on the Ticketmaster website on Tuesday morning.
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
voting across the country has largely gone smoothly without any major issues or voter intimidation incidents, voting rights advocates report
Electricity outages in Pa. could become more common due to severe weather Open Navigation Close Navigation
A new report from the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission reveals a surprising thing. There were a record number of "reportable power outage events" during 20-21.
A crash in the area caused power outages affecting about 8,500 customers in Girard, McDonald, Austintown and Youngstown.
Power companies rush to restore electricity after Saturday's storms in Southwest Pennsylvania | TribLIVE.com
The storm that blew through the region Saturday afternoon left tens of thousands of households without power, as one of the region’s two major power companies reported significant progress while the other reported more customers were affected. Trees and power lines were down all across the region after high winds
"I wanted to bring a little of Pennsylvania to the stitches beyond the lyrics."
WHEELING. W.Va. (WTRF) — Ohio County EMA Director Lou Vargo says it’s not often that we get hurricane force winds, 60 to 80 miles an hour, tearing trees out of the ground, and wreaking havoc on power lines. With trees and power lines down, caution tape is up. Wheeling Police Department Chief Shawn Schwertfeger says, “If we’ve closed a roadway, it’s because of […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Taylor, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.