Did you lose power?
Ian downgraded to post tropical cyclone, system expected to soak I-95 corridor through weekend | WEATHER WIRE
Hurricane Ian made its final landfall in South Carolina on Friday after producing catastrophic damage earlier this week in Florida, where at least a dozen people were killed. Ian is now expected to produce life-threatening storm surge, high winds and flooding rainfall across the Carolinas into the start of the weekend.
Babcock Ranch, the country's first town to be powered by 100% solar energy, underwent a stress-test during Hurricane Ian. It passed with flying colors, maintaining power throughout the storm.
More than 3,000 Maritime Electric customers are still without electricity on Prince Edward Island, more than two weeks after post-tropical storm Fiona slammed Atlantic Canada.
In the coming years, it may be all dark on the western front, including for Cody and Wyoming, due to blackouts caused by the balancing act between energy demand and
Nearly two weeks after Fiona wreaked havoc across Atlantic Canada, more than 3,000 Nova Scotia Power customers are still waiting to be restored.
Hurricane Ian: Florida death toll soars to 76 after Ian demolished entire communities | CNN Close icon
Newly homeless Floridians are struggling to restart their lives while rescuers scramble to find any remaining signs of life among the wreckage of Hurricane Ian.
Water and wastewater services were restored to most of Siesta and Casey keys on Saturday morning. A boil water notice is in effect.
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
The heat wave again threatened the region’s power grid.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from The Sea Ranch, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
The Sea Ranch, California
|City||The Sea Ranch|