Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tom Bean, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Power outages reported in parts of Plano; here's a resource to check if your home, business is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
Power outages were reported in parts of the city of Plano on Monday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tom Bean, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Tom Bean, Texas