Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tow, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Harcourt “Paul” Ward, whose business is based in Point Pleasant, has been charged in connection with the September fire in Wall Township.
Nearly 70 households in Nolanville were without power on Friday due to a vehicle incident.
Austin airport outage: Who should've managed traffic during power outage? Open Navigation Close Navigation
Exits to the airport were closed, and passengers could be seen on traffic cameras leaving their rides on the highway and walking to the airport, suitcases in tow.
Power Grid Reports Forecast Fall Expectations, Lay Out Electricity Market Recommendations | The Texan
The state expects the fall to be used to make up for power plant maintenance postponed during the summer heatwave.
Doctor performs ‘Rivian powered vasectomy’ during power outage | MyStateline.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
AUSTIN, Texas (WTVO) — A doctor in Texas said he “performed what is likely the world’s first Rivian powered vasectomy” by using his electric pickup truck to power his clinic during a power outage. According to Inside EVs, Dr. Christopher Young was scheduled to perform the procedure on a patient when a power outage occurred. […]
Will it sink or swim? The Battleship Texas' daunting move to Galveston is underway after a smooth start. See photos and follow updates from the move all day.
About 4,600 households and businesses in the Killeen-Harker Heights area were without power Friday as thunderstorms moved through the area.
The cost of getting towed in Harris County could go up through the use of an Uber-like app selected by the sheriff’s office.
Several thousand Broome County NYSEG customers, including Walmart and other big retailers in Vestal, lost electric service in the aftermath of strong thunderstorms.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tow, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.