Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tracy, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
The e-edition is an exact replica of the newspaper with interactive and searchable articles from all your favorite sections.
Oncor working to restore power to 1,032 Lufkin customers Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A fallen tree branch is to blame for a power outage in Lufkin. Power company representatives say service should be restored soon.
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tracy, Minnesota
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.