Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Trail, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
A barn and a house in the Town of Owego are said to be a total loss following a fire October 19 that drew firefighters from Tioga and Broome counties.
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Electric service to one of downtown Binghamton's tallest buildings was knocked out following a reported transformer explosion.
Fiber cut along North Shore exposes vulnerabilities in tech-dependent world | MPR News MPR News Play Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
A cut fiber optic line last week shut down all internet and cell phone service along the North Shore of Lake Superior for up to six hours, exposing vulnerabilities in the system that provides high-speed communications to northeastern Minnesota.
Red Sox slugger J.D. Martinez is on pace to have his lowest full-season home run total in eight seasons, and he knows exactly why.
Six months after invading Ukraine, Russian forces are controling Zaporizhzhia, Europe's largest nuclear power plant. On Thursday, the plant was disconnected from the power grid for the first time ever. Debra Patta speaks to Energy Minister German Galushchenko about the potentially dangerous situation.
J.D. Martinez's power is down in 2022, so there's reason to believe metrics can explain the reasoning. Technically they can.
Xfinity reports widespread internet outage in Santa Fe, Los Alamos | Local News | santafenewmexican.com
Xfinity said the outage was caused by a truck pulling down utility lines Wednesday at Cerrillos Road and Richards Avenue.
Power outage Sunday in Willmar caused by fallen tree branch - West Central Tribune | News, weather, sports from Willmar Minnesota
A broken tree branch that fell on the power lines in Willmar caused an hour-long power outage for 1,688 Willmar Municipal Utilities customers.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.