Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Tunkhannock Power Outages Caused by Weather
LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — PPL is reporting a power outage that is impacting over 1,000 residents stretching from Luzerne into Lackawanna County.
BLAKELY BOROUGH, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — Government officials in the Blakely Borough draw attention to residents expressing a power outage.
Crews are working to restore power in Luzerne County and other parts of the area.
WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A power outage has blacked out a portion of the Diamond City in Luzerne County.
LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — Heavy rains are affecting power for UGI customers in the Back Mountain section of Luzerne County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.