Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins’ second game of the season against the Utica Coments was suspended on Monday due to a power outage at the Utica (N.Y.) Memorial Auditorium. Play was halted at 17:17 of the second period when the lights went out. The American Hockey League announced the game was suspended
The Tigers’ early season power outage is just temporary - Bless You Boys clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile Horizontal - White Follow Bless You Boys on Twitter Follow Bless You Boys on Facebook Search Horizontal - White Horizontal - White Vox Media
There are signs that the ball just isn’t bouncing the Tigers way so far, but it’s the thump that is lacking.
POWER OUTAGES: Here is an interactive map to see if your area is affected | Plano Star Courier | starlocalmedia.com
With this latest winter storm dropping a coat of ice and sleet on North Texas overnight, power outages are always a concern. Stay up to date with the Oncor map
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.