Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Twin Rocks, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Some students in northwestern New Brunswick are starting off the week with the province's first snow day. Anglophone West School District says schools in Edmundston, Grand Falls, Plaster Rock and Perth-Andover stayed closed Monday after a heavy overnight snowfall. All of Francophone Nord-Ouest schools are also closed. Road conditions are the main reason for the closure, the two school districts said. Power outages close health centre About 6,000 N.B. Power customers have been without power Monda
New York State Electric and Gas is reporting over 2,500 customers in Broome County without power as of 8 a.m. October 24.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Hurricane Harbor and Wild Safari are operating as scheduled, according to a Six Flags spokeswoman.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.