Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Two Harbors, Minnesota? Contact your local utility company.
Two Harbors voters overwhelmingly back recall of mayor | MPR News MPR News Play Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
Residents of Two Harbors, Minn., voted overwhelmingly this week to recall the city's embattled mayor. More than 86 percent of voters backed the effort to remove Mayor Chris Swanson from office.
World's biggest rubber duck: A Duluth man's quacky idea has outsized impact | MPR News MPR News Play Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
The world’s largest rubber duck was created nearly a decade ago by a Duluth entrepreneur. This weekend it’s back in the region at the tall ships festival in Two Harbors.
Tall ships — and crowds — set to arrive in Two Harbors this week | MPR News MPR News Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
Up to 30,000 people are expected in Two Harbors this week, starting Thursday, for the Festival of Sail. The four-day event features replicas of historic sailing ships of yore.
Defiant Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson says he will not resign | MPR News MPR News Play Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
Two Harbors Mayor Chris Swanson said Wednesday he will not resign. That sets the stage for a recall election spurred by allegations that he improperly used his office to benefit his business pursuits.
Recall petition for Two Harbors mayor garners nearly 1,000 signatures | MPR News MPR News Play Twitter Facebook Mail Heart
Chris Swanson has been mayor since 2017, but in recent months, his role in multiple projects and proposed business ventures – including an underwater hotel in Lake Superior – has raised questions about his use of public office.
Isabella gets a foot of snow; rain continues across Northland - Duluth News Tribune | News, weather, and sports from Duluth, Minnesota
Precipitation may be off and on, rain and snow, through Thursday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Two Harbors, Minnesota