Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Tyrone, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
A planned power outage once scheduled for this past February in Saxton Borough will now take place next week.
The trimming is part of a $30 million effort to reduce the frequency and duration of tree-related power outages, the company said.
A recent announcement by Penelec of an upcoming scheduled utility pole replacement project that will leave hundreds in Saxton Borough without electricity for several hours is not sitting well with
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.