Did you lose power?
Blackout Bungle + L&M Construction + City Council Candidate Forum - Healdsburg, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening this weekend in Healdsburg.
California avoids outages after day of grid-straining heat Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The California Independent System Operator on Wednesday thanked residents and businesses for heeding another “flex alert,” a request to reduce electricity consumption during peak evening hours.
Three cities appear to have mistakenly instituted blackouts after a miscommunication with the operator of the California electric grid.
Thousands in Lodi lose power unnecessarily due to miscommunication between power agencies | News | lodinews.com
A communication error between two energy agencies caused nearly 1,400 customers in Lodi to lose power for 45 minutes Tuesday night.
Heat Watch Tuesday: Santa Rosa hits 115, its hottest high on record. Will Wednesday bring a brief cool down?
Weather experts described Tuesday as the peak in the weeklong heat wave that looks to be the longest and hottest on record in California.
Ukiah hits all-time high temp of 117; six cooling stations open in Mendocino County • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CAThe Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA Ukiah hits all-time high temp of 117; six cooling stations open in Mendocino County • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA
The heat wave will persist in Mendocino County through Friday, according to the latest weather reports.
Power restored after northern Ukiah outage impacts more than 1,000 accounts during high temperatures • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CAThe Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA Power restored after northern Ukiah outage impacts more than 1,000 accounts during high temperatures • The Mendocino Voice | Mendocino County, CA
We hope you can stay cool — please check on the young and old and pets!
The outage was caused by a PG&E transmission line failure, according to Healdsburg officials.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ukiah, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.