Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Vacaville, California? Contact your local utility company.
Two people died after colliding into a power pole Wednesday night in Solano County, according to California Highway Patrol.
Voluntary power cuts helped California avoid blackouts during heat wave - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
The state's power grid, at the forefront of America’s energy transition, is under threat from an unprecedented September heat wave.
(KRON) — Pacific Gas & Electric Co. is reporting massive power outages across the Bay Area as the region sees high temperatures. The North Bay, East Bay, and South Bay were hit hard by outages Monday afternoon, but by Tuesday morning things had started to let up. The outages listed in this story are likely […]
Livermore power outage leaves residents sweltering as city experiences record temperatures Open Navigation Close Navigation
A few areas across the Bay even broke records, according to the National Weather Service.
Power outages were reported in Sacramento and Vacaville on Monday afternoon.
With temperatures topping out at 115, Vacaville went lights out on one of the hottest days of the year.
SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – The worst heat wave of the year is here and KRON4 is providing live team coverage all (the long) weekend. Wednesday, Sept. 7 6 a.m. – BART single-tracking; expect delays BART had to stop service between the Pleasant Hill and Concord stations yesterday, KRON4’s Sara Stinson reports, in order to prevent […]
The weekend heat wave is expected to bring dangerously hot weather, increase wildfire...
Two people suffered minor injures and were taken to the hospital, according to officials.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Vacaville, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.