Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Vallejo, California? Contact your local utility company.
Yountville lost power Friday afternoon after a car crashed into a power pole. PG&E estimates power will be restored by 7:45 p.m. on Friday.
Police in Vallejo say one person is dead after being shot on the 2600 block of Spring Road.
Nearly 10,000 people were left without power in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Sunday after a squirrel disrupted a power transmission, according to energy provider Xcel.
MSNBC, CNN give straight news on California grid issues after panning Texas over winter blackout | Fox News
Media outlets that mocked and criticized Texas over the 2021 winter storm that caused crippling blackouts are playing the news straight with California.
The sweltering heat triggered a number of power outages around the Bay Area this week. The South Bay has been hit the hardest and after four nights of outages,...
The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport had power outages on Wednesday morning that caused flight delays. The airport lost power before 5 a.m. and lights were back on by 8 a.m.
Miscommunication by local utilities causes power outages, businesses affected Open Navigation Close Navigation
PALO ALTO, Calif. (KRON) — The miscommunication by local utilities which caused a power outage resulted in constraints and chaos for some businesses in Palo Alto that lost power for several hours on Tuesday. “Literally loaded up the oven and power out. It was the quietest the bakery’s ever been considering all the equipment decided […]
PG&E, Power Grid Operator Again Urge Energy Conservation Amid Continued Heat Wednesday – NBC Bay Area
With a prolonged heat wave still affecting most of the Bay Area, PG&E and the state’s power grid operator are encouraging people on Wednesday to again reduce...
Rolling blackouts: Widespread outages averted but PG&E power outages still possible due to weather-related issues - ABC7 San Francisco
PG&E posts blocks that may be impacted by rolling outages amid Bay Area heat wave and California Flex Alert.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Vallejo, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.