Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Wake Forest, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Wake Forest Power Outages Caused by Weather
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Durham high school to dismiss early for ‘electrical issues’ | CBS 17 Open Navigation Close Navigation
DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Students of Northern High School will be released from classes early on Monday due to “Duke Energy electrical issues,” according to school officials. School officials told parents that the electrical issues had shut off power to some campus buildings. As a result, students will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m. and all […]
VIDEO: Storm winds cause electric sparks to fly on the street in NC Open Navigation Close Navigation
North Carolina continues to deal with the impacts of Ian as the storm passed through the region throughout Friday evening and Saturday morning.
Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Preparing For Hurricane Ian Power Outages Facebook Twitter Instagram
Southwest Florida officials are preparing for Hurricane Ian power outages and have a plan that begins with critical service providers first.
Early Saturday, President Biden approved a state of emergency in North Carolina and "ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Ian."
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
Chapel Hill Police are asking motorists to treat several "busy" city intersections as four-way stops until crews can restore power.
The outage, which has impacted more than 1,400 customers in Cary, was caused by a vehicle striking equipment, according to Duke Power.
Power outages, minor damage seen after severe storms, tornado warning in central NC | CBS 17 Open Navigation Close Navigation
In Person County, a home just east of Roxboro was hit by lightning, which sparked a small fire, Roxboro fire officials said.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Wake Forest, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Wake Forest, North Carolina
|North Carolina (NC)