Did you lose power?
New Jersey’s BPU needs to enhance and sharply target its Storage Incentive Program if the agency wants to stimulate development in overburdened communities.
Rocky Mountain Power reported a power outage affecting 2,017 Saratoga Springs citizens Sunday. The company estimates it will be resolved at 8:30 p.m.
Huntsville Utilities restore power in downtown Huntsville after outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The outage impacted customers from I-565 south to Bob Wallace Avenue and from Jordan Lane east to California Street.
MSNBC, CNN give straight news on California grid issues after panning Texas over winter blackout | Fox News
Media outlets that mocked and criticized Texas over the 2021 winter storm that caused crippling blackouts are playing the news straight with California.
Temperatures hit record highs in the Sacramento Region on Tuesday, taxing electrical equipment.
Rocky Mountain Power said there are urgent and necessary maintenance projects that require a planned outage in order to get done.
Much of downtown Beckley was in the dark Monday afternoon following a widespread power outage.
Bountiful City reports that a power outage is affecting at least 5,200 people in the northeast part of the city.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Wallace, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.