Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Wallowa, Oregon? Contact your local utility company.
Report an Outage(877) 508-5088 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 488-6151 Report Online
Report an Outage(888) 743-1501
Facing high temperatures and strong winds, Oregon prepares for increased fire risk - OPB
Sep 8, 2022
Storm leaves trail of damage, injuries in Wallowa | Local News | wallowa.com
WALLOWA — Bruce Eien said he remembers feeling a sense of deja vu Thursday, Aug. 11, in the aftermath of the severe storm that rolled through Wallowa County.
Aug 12, 2022
Hail storm wreaks havoc on parts of Eastern Oregon | kgw.com
A thunderstorm rolled through northeastern Oregon on Thursday, dumping intense hail on parts of Wallowa and Union counties.
Aug 11, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Oregon cities.