Did you lose power?
Pleasant Hill Scooters Recalled + PG&E Storm Tips - Concord, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Concord.
Grab-And-Run Robbers Grabbed in Pleasant Hill + Lamorinda Power Loss - Concord, CA - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Concord.
OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — A power outage in Oakland is impacting nearly 3,500 customers, according to a tweet shared by the Oakland Fire Department. OFD says Pacific Gas & Electric Company notified the department of a power outage in the areas of Adams Point and Lake Merritt. Crews are currently on the scene assessing the […]
(BCN) — Drivers in Redwood City were advised to avoid the area of Whipple Avenue and Veterans Boulevard this morning following an accident that caused a power outage. Redwood City police issued a traffic advisory at 7:17 a.m. Road closures in the area are impacting traffic and drivers are being asked to take alternate routes. […]
Power Outage Affects Thousands In Martinez - Martinez, CA - PG&E was investigating the cause of the outage.
BART train service was crippled by a power failure that at one point left passengers stranded for hours.
At 5:10 am Wednesday, PG&E is reporting 4,396 are without power in the downtown City of Oakley area.
A food pantry in Livermore was forced to close early this week due to anticipated power outages across the East Bay, according to a post from the organization Tri-Valley Haven.
SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Thousands of Pacific Gas and Electric customers had power knocked out Thursday afternoon, according to PG&E’s outage map. The outage was affecting people in the Mission District, Portero Hill and the Dogpatch before it was resolved. There are 5,817 customers affected, according to PG&E. The outage began at 2:49 p.m. and […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Walnut Creek, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Walnut Creek, California
|Zip Codes||94595, 94596, 94597, 94598|