Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Warrensburg, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
Franklin L. Maccune, age 41, of Centerview, fled in the vehicle and failed to yield to emergency vehicles.
Tipton experienced storm damage overnight
Amid dangerously cold temperatures, utility companies want customers to turn it down
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Warrensburg, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.