Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Water Mill, New York? Contact your local utility company.
“What Roger Ferris created here architecturally is truly a piece of art,” says listing broker Enzo Morabito of Douglas Elliman.
Phone outages across the Hudson Valley, NY are widely being attributed to Verizon and are affecting many businesses and families
Large-scale power outages are becoming more common across the country and in Maine.
Temperature and energy use records shattered on Tuesday as power grid officials begged homeowners to turn down their air-conditioning.
A boil water order remains in effect, and city workers are handing out water to residents.
She discusses the Supreme Court overturning the Roe v. Wade decision and gun safety in the wake of the mass shooting in Buffalo.
Tips from Hudson Valley residents, and professionals in the field, about how to prepare for a summer power outage.
Broome County ends power outage prompted state of emergency Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Broome County’s state of emergency and travel ban will be lifted at noon Friday, Broome County officials announced.
Record-breaking snowstorm in Broome County leaves thousands without power | WSKGWSKG Record-breaking snowstorm in Broome County leaves thousands without power | WSKG
Broome County is in a State of Emergency, as an April storm has dropped over a foot of snow and left thousands without power. Updated April 19, 2022 at 4:19 p.m. BINGHAMTON, NY (WSKG) — Broome County is in a State of Emergency, as an April storm has dropped over a foot of snow and left thousands without power. County officials lifted a ban on all non-essential travel Tuesday afternoon. They still urge residents to limit unnecessary travel and
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Water Mill, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Water Mill, New York
|State||New York (NY)|