Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Watson, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Bird strike causes power outage for 14,000+ SDG&E customers from east end of San Diego to El Cajon - The San Diego Union-Tribune
A bird flew into power equipment, which caused the 90-minute outage
American Electric Power hoped to restore electricity to all Columbus-area customers by 5 a.m. Thursday.
Extreme weather is causing longer power outages. States and utilities can’t agree on solutions - The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Loading...
State officials are reluctant to ask ratepayers to foot the bill for investments experts say are needed to fortify the grid against increasingly severe weather.
DEMCO gives update on restorations; outages in Livingston Parish down by nearly 5,000 | Breaking News | livingstonparishnews.com
The number of DEMCO’s outages in Livingston Parish have gone down by nearly 5,000 over the last day, according to the company’s latest update.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Watson, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.