Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
Thousands of Fayette customers without power | News | heraldstandard.com
Thousands of West Penn Power customers in Fayette County were without electricity Thursday night and Friday morning, after a quick temperature drop and rain, combined with strong winds, led to
Widespread power outage affects businesses, homes in Uniontown area | News | heraldstandard.com
A widespread power outage in the Uniontown area caused traffic lights to go out and local businesses to halt operations for about three hours Tuesday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
As hard on me as is was keeping my home & business warm during the power outage, I had it a 1000 Xs or more better… https://t.co/Zsljc6OXCe
Do these people know power outages are like a thing that happens... https://t.co/MmpYTnQ9XM
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Pennsylvania cities.
The power flickered off and on two times