Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Wells, Nevada? Contact your local utility company.
A powerful storm Sunday night left the city without power for 90 minutes, leaving many others in Bullhead City and parts of Fort Mohave, Mohave Valley and Laughlin without power for more than 12 hours.
Tuesday could see a peak demand of 51,144 megawatts, which would break a 16-year-old record for energy use in California.
Power outages from severe weather have doubled over the past two decades across the U.S., as a warming climate stirs more destructive storms that cripple
Power outage leaves northwest Reno dark Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A power outage in northwest Reno forces businesses to adjust.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.