Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in West Chester, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Five to seven inches of snow coupled with winds gusting as high as 55 mph could make for very difficult travel on Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne Thursday.
Superstorm Sandy 10-year Anniversary: Power Outage Nightmare In Chesco - Tredyffrin-Easttown, PA - "Five days without power and we didn't have a generator," an Easttown resident recalls.
Duke Energy sends 700+ line workers to Florida to prepare for Hurricane Ian Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Duke Energy is sending nearly 800 workers to Florida to help aid residents amid Hurricane Ian.
AMID complaints from some residents in western New Providence this week about recent continued power outages, Shevonn Cambridge, Bahamas Power and Light chief executive officer said power cuts were not intentional or caused by BPL.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Electricity has been restored after more than 2,700 customers were without power in Butler County, mainly in Liberty Twp.
Dr. Anand Persad and his team will study tree biomechanics in Hamilton, Ohio to better understand how trees grow and how changes in climate affect the
Forecasters say severe thunderstorm warnings are still in place for parts of Brown Adams, Pike, Highland and Scioto counties until 5 p.m.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from West Chester, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.