Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in West Chester, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Five to seven inches of snow coupled with winds gusting as high as 55 mph could make for very difficult travel on Interstate 80 between Laramie and Cheyenne Thursday.
E-waste recycler Sycamore International: Where old digital devices get restored, or get shredded tooltip tooltip Share Icon Facebook Logo Twitter Email Link Icon Email Twitter
Sycamore International refurbishes about 30,000 old laptops a month. Others don’t make it out in one piece.
Superstorm Sandy 10-year Anniversary: Power Outage Nightmare In Chesco - Tredyffrin-Easttown, PA - "Five days without power and we didn't have a generator," an Easttown resident recalls.
Nearly 400 Dominion Energy customers lost power in Chesterfield County Thursday | WRIC ABC 8News Open Navigation Close Navigation
A power outage was reported in Chesterfield County Thursday night.
The National Weather Service office in Binghamton is advising that some rocky weather could be in store for the final official days of summer.
On September 11th, 2022, at 3:09 PM, the Westtown-East Goshen Regional Police Department was dispatched to the area of Cheshire Cirlce and Cheshire Road,...
Amid renewed fears of blackouts experts reveal their tips on what to do in a blackout.
Power Out For 348 PECO Customers At 1:30 p.m. Today In Chester County - Tredyffrin-Easttown, PA - This morning's rain storm caused power outages in Kennett, West Whiteland, Willstown and Tredyffrin townships.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Power was reported still out to hundreds of NYSEG customers in Chenango County and Tioga County early August 5.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from West Chester, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
|Zip Codes||19380, 19381, 19382, 19383|