Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in West Point, New York? Contact your local utility company.
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Josh Allen appreciates still having the unwavering trust of...
Voting goes mostly smoothly on Election Day as baseless fraud claims swirl | CNN Politics Close icon Politics
State and local elections officials said Tuesday's voting in the midterm elections went smoothly overall, with a few isolated problems reported, including in the key swing state of Arizona where issues with voting machines sparked baseless claims about fraud.
Power to the People: Could New Orleans take control of its power utility? | The Latest | Gambit Weekly | nola.com
Going public could come in many forms.
O'Rouke has been driving throughout the state, trying to build a coalition similar to the one he had in 2018, when he narrowly lost to Ted Cruz. But this is 2022.
Plus what’s at stake in the U.S. midterms and what China’s delay in releasing economic data means
In an exclusive excerpt from the new book 'The Come Up: An Oral History of the Rise of Hip-Hop,' author Jonathan Abrams tells the origin story of the sonic revolution that became a global force.
A power outage is affecting the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford. The school said a wire is down on Asylum Avenue and Eversource now estimates power...
Nearly a week after Hurricane Ian devastated Southwest Florida, more than 60% of Lee County Electric Cooperative customers remained without power as of Monday.
The US says it's helping Iranians navigate a massive internet blackout. Activists say it's too little, too late. | CNN Close icon
As protesters took to the streets of Iran following the death in detention of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman apprehended for apparently not wearing her hijab properly, videos of the uprising began to flood the internet.
Already, Ian has devastated parts of Florida and left damage in Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina as it now moves through central Virginia
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from West Point, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
West Point, New York
|New York (NY)